Effective Preventive Dentistry in the Bronx
At Throgs Neck Dental, you can get effective preventive dentistry in the Bronx, which will further help you maintain your oral health. While taking preventative measures is important for individuals of all ages, it is particularly beneficial to children. Not only does prevention help avoid dental complications or challenges later in life, but it also instills good oral hygiene habits early on.
To help the whole family prevent dental problems, get in touch with our staff at Throgs Neck Dental today.
Preventive Dental Treatments
Below are some of the most effective preventative dental treatments we offer at Throngs Neck Dental for the young and old alike.
Dental Exams & Cleanings in the Bronx
During your initial visit, one of our highly qualified dentists will conduct a comprehensive exam that will include:
- X-rays: These are essential for detecting decay, bone loss, tumors, and cysts. X-rays also help us determine your root and tooth positions.
- Gum disease evaluation: This involves checking your gums for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Tooth decay examination: We will check your tooth surface for decay using special dental instruments.
- Oral cancer screening: We will also check your gums, tongue, tissues, throat, lips, face, and neck for any signs of oral cancer.
Our staff includes a team of registered dental hygienists who are ready to provide you with professional dental cleanings that will help:
- Remove plaque: Plaque is a sticky colony of saliva, food debris, and living bacteria that can inflame your gums and cause periodontal disease.
- Remove tartar: Tartar is hardened plaque firmly attached to your tooth’s surface that can only be removed using special dental instruments.
- Polish your teeth: Besides removing the plaque, tartar, and stains that regular brushing cannot handle, professional dental cleaning can also polish your teeth.
Digital X-Rays in the Bronx
We also offer dental x-rays in the Bronx, that help us identify issues with your teeth and bones. The following are some of the digital x-rays we conduct in the Bronx.
This is a type of medical imaging that uses digital x-ray sensors to produce images. Thanks to digital radiography, we can produce quality images and detailed radiographs quickly.
This is the latest x-ray technology in use, offering detailed images and better diagnosis. Also, it exposes the patient to less radiation as compared to conventional x-rays.
Also known as a panoramic dental x-ray, OPGs can show a broad view of your teeth, jaw, and roots. It can also display your jaw joints, maxillary sinuses, nasal area, and surrounding bone on one film.
Dental Sealants in the Bronx
Sealants are thin, plastic coatings that we apply on the chewing surface of your molars and premolars. By doing so, we can protect your teeth by sealing their grooves and creating a smooth surface that is easy to clean.
Fluoride Treatment in the Bronx
Fluoride treatments are one of the most effective ways of preventing tooth decay. Fluoride can strengthen your teeth by seeping into their outer surface and making them more resistant to decay.
There are two types of fluoride—topical fluoride and systemic fluoride. Topical fluoride is found in some gels, toothpaste, and mouth rinses. On the other hand, we get systemic fluoride from water supplies, certain foods, gel, drops, or tablet supplements.
Our dentists might recommend fluoride treatments as part of your oral hygiene if you have:
- Sensitive and exposed root surfaces
- Deep fissures and pits on your teeth’s chewing surfaces
- Frequent carbohydrate and sugar intake
- Inadequate exposure to fluoride