Professional Dental Exams & Cleanings in the Bronx
The qualified staff we have here at Throgs Neck Dental are committed to providing patients with the treatment they need to prevent and address tooth decay and other issues before they become severe. Call us today at 718-518-8100 if you need professional dental exams & cleanings in the Bronx.
What Do Dental Exams Involve?
We have a team of professional dentists who will offer you a comprehensive dental exam during your initial visit. This exam will often involve:
- Diagnostic x-rays: We will take x-rays of your teeth and mouth and examine them to detect any decay, cysts, tumors, and bone loss.
- Tooth decay examination: The dentist will also use special dental instruments to check your tooth surfaces for any decay.
- Oral cancer screening: This involves checking your throat, gums, tongue, tissues, lips, neck, and face for signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your dentist will check your gums and the bone around your teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
By doing these checks, your dentist can detect potential issues early on and resolve them, which will go a long way in maintaining your oral health.
What Do Dental Cleanings Involve?
Sometimes referred to as dental prophylaxis, we can have one of our registered dental hygienists professionally clean your teeth. Through the cleanings, they can:
- Remove plaque: This is the thin, sticky film of living bacteria, saliva, and food debris that forms on your teeth. If not removed, plaque can produce toxins that inflame your gums and lead to periodontal diseases.
- Remove dental calculus: Also called tartar, dental calculus is plaque that has hardened and firmly attached itself to your teeth’s surface.
Also, by removing the plaque and tartar that regular brushing and scaling cannot, a professional cleaning can polish your teeth and help give you the white, bright smile you desire.
The Benefits of Dental Exams & Cleanings in the Bronx
Insufficient oral hygiene can lead to severe illnesses and dental issues, including bone loss and even cancers and strokes. Though flossing and brushing at home are essential, opting for professional exams and cleanings can have several benefits for your oral and general health.
The following are some of the reasons why professional dental exams and cleaning are vital:
- It helps you deal with the stains that discolor and dull your teeth
- The white, bright smile you get can do wonders for your confidence and self-esteem
- Professional cleanings help you prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum disease, and early tooth loss
- Regular dental exams help us detect early signs of dental issues
- Since there are links between gum disease and cardiovascular problems, you could reduce the risks of experiencing strokes and heart attacks by preventing gum disease
- Regular dental exams help us track and maintain your oral health